Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Jerry comes through


It has been a long ugly ride but it looks like we can finally say goodbye to the lows for Flotek Industries. On the last conference call management confidently provided very high guidence for revenues and it looks like they came through, big time. Sales are up, margins are up and, best of all, earnings are up. If this is what being a value investor is all about, I'm not so sure my stomach can handle it.


They have their Q3 conference call on Monday. More good news to come, I hope.
On another note, my previous thesis about shorting the cyclicals is dead and buried. X, FCX, PD, ect. are all up huge today. This is on top of some previous strong moves. I have no short positions and haven't had any for a long time. It might be time to change the name of the blog?


No comments: