Friday, August 17, 2007

Dead Cat Bounce


I was watching Fastmoney and I was thoroughly disgusted and amused by the "Bulls and Bears" argument. It wasn't really an argument given that Doug Kaas (the bear case) totally outclassed his competition on all levels. To sum up Najarian's arguments (the bull case), "the market went up today, so this is a bull market". After such violent selling, you would think that a professional would not say such reckless things. Hasn't he ever seen a dead-cat-bounce?

I'm amused by Fastmoney at times but it is quickly going downhill. I don't like the Najarian brothers and wish that the "risk doctor" would return to the show.

For the bulls out there, check out the above chart. It shows the earnings of the lower 10% of the S&P 500. Look what happened when earnings turned down in 2000. Looks to me like the same thing is happening right now.

No comments: