Wednesday, August 29, 2007

CNBC Sucks!



I'm up a little early today and I made the mistake of listening to CNBC's Squawk Box. They are hammering two points that I find unbelievable! First, they keep saying that insider stock buying are at record levels, emphasizing the financial sector in particular. What they fail to tell us is that there is no buying going on at the big broker/dealers like Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns.

Second, and certainly more irritating to me is that they keep saying that volume was very light during yesterday's sell off so the loss shouldn't be taken seriously. Where was this concern about volume when the S&P was climbing on progressively lighter volume last week? The reality is that volume was higher yesterday than what we saw on the counter trend bounce. I don't care about their bullish bias, but don't mislead people.





No comments: