Monday, November 26, 2007

Rage against the Luddites

[community_nuke_battery.jpg]

I usually like to keep my postings focused on the market. Every once and a while, however, I read something in the blogosphere that really catches my attention.

Enter Al Fin, a blog that's "Primary interest is seeing that the best of humanity survives long enough to reach the next level." I don't know what that means but I just read a very interesting post about nuclear batteries.

Here is a little bit from the post,


Better, safer, more reliable ways to use nuclear decay to powercivilisation (or civilisation's "restart") are coming. Anti-nuclear Luddites of limited cognition and competence are a dime a dozen--being mass-produced by modern "educational" systems and pop culture. But just as many "gray" and "black" market economies inevitably exist alongside the mainstream economy, the same is true for intellectual and philosophical streams of thought. It is highly questionable whether our "dumbed down" society could restart civilisation after a global catastrophic event.


I couldn't agree more when it comes to Luddites. Nice post Al.

One last thing, considering that the company that plans on building these nuclear batteries could possibly go public some day, I guess there still is a slight connection to the market.

No comments: