Monday, September 11, 2006

Running list added

I have recently thinking about the kind of people I would like working for me when I start my own research lab and thought it might be fun to make a list of "deal breakers" that might disqualify someone from working for me. I realize that I should probably focus on the positive side of things, but I've always been in the camp of "it's not what you like, it's what you don't like that defines a person".

The inspiration of this came when watching something on cable news about September 11th conspiracy theories. I can't stand people who will not accept the most likely explanation of some horrible event and reach for an irrational fantasy to help their small minds come to grips with what they have witnessed. What really gets me pissed is when these nut jobs delude themselves into thinking that they are "questioning the system" or "thinking critically" about the conventional explanation.

I do have a caveat of course. If you are between the age of 15 and 19 you are given a free pass because, hey, even I had my "the CIA killed Jim Morrison" phase.

#1 No Conspiracy Nut Jobs

#2 No Only Children: They don't work well with others and I just don't trust them.

More to come...

No comments: